Helium 10 Review
What is Helium 10?
Helium 10 is a product research and SEO software that includes a suite of tools to help Amazon sellers optimize and grow their business.
There are a total of 12 versatile and intuitive tools which can be used to find product ideas, identify the competition, discover profitable keywords and track the success of selected products with the help of keyword rankings.
Helium 10 Coupon Codes
Helium 10 has been generous enough to offer Project FBA readers a 50% Off Coupon for their first months subscription, use the Helium 10 Coupon Code PROJECTFBA50.
How do I use the Helium 10 coupon code?
Once you create a free account with Helium 10, sign into your account and click “plan details” up at the top. Once on the plan details page, you can enter in the coupon code PROJECTFBA50 or PROJECTFBA10 to receive your special discount.
Helium 10 is a one-stop Amazon Tool for FBA sellers
Helium 10 Review of the Key Features:
1. Magnet - Keyword Research:
This robust keyword tool will save your time of browsing between different keyword-finding tools by providing a list of the most valuable keywords for your product. You just need to add a “seed” keyword and it will fetch the most relevant and detailed results. It shows the search volume, magnet IQ score, match type, ASINs targeted in sponsored and headline search ads on those keywords, as well as the Amazon, recommended keywords and organic keywords. You can filter the results by a number of phrase or search volume metrics.
The keywords extracted by Magnet include the following:
The keywords from top-selling competitors for which they are ranking fairly high for. This is the reason why you might get some keywords that might not even contain your specific searched phrase, but they still are relevant for your product
- Smart complete: Keywords that have the searched phrase somewhere in the keyword. It can be in any form may be singular or plural
- Amazon recommended: The keywords which Amazon recommends when you type your search terms in the search bar field
There are many different columns which are explained below:
What is Magnet IQ Score?
The Magnet IQ Score determines the relationship between the number of competing products and the search volume.
- Search Volume: Monthly search volume of each keyword
- Sponsored ASINs: Number of sponsored products that are advertising on a particular keyword
- Headline ASINs: Number of products that are running Sponsored Brand ads on a particular keyword
- Competing products: Number of products that are competing on that keyword
- CPR 8-day Giveaway: This is an estimation of how many units of this ASIN need to be sold in over 8-day period to rank on page 1
How to use:
- Add your seed keyword. You can add up to 200 keywords separated by commas
- Select the marketplace (.com, .ca, .de, .es, .it, .fr, .co.uk, .in)
- Click on search
- Thousands of keywords including related and long tail keywords will be extracted within seconds. You can filter your results by getting the keywords that does or does not contain a certain phrase or just by selecting Amazon’s Choice keywords.
- This data can be extracted in file format (CVS/Excel) report or directly imported to Frankenstein
2. Frankenstein – Keyword Processor:
After you have collected keywords, review some of the words might be repeating over and over again. You cannot use all the extracted keywords and at the same time, you do not want to miss any important keywords. Frankenstein can organize and combine the keywords in a cohesive list form report. Helium 10 claims it to be the most powerful keyword processor on the planet and to a certain extent, it is true because the helium 10 keyword tool Magnet allows you to take thousands of keywords, process and compress them into profitable keyword list. An easy actionable step to implement and see quick results for your FBA Company. The list prepared is perfect for backend search terms which play an essential role in increasing the organic ranking of the private label product.
How to use Frankenstein:
- Add all the collected keywords.
- Select filter options according to your needs. With the multiple filters available, you can remove duplicate words, unwanted characters, ASINs, special characters and much more. You can sort the word based on the frequency of the words that are repeating in the list.
- Click on “process” and in about a few seconds it will be done. The list prepared will be much more manageable.
- Remove the irrelevant words.
- Once you are done, you can save the Helium 10 data or export it directly into scribbles.
3. Index Checker - Determine Profitable & Unprofitable Keywords:
Because of a few bad keywords, many of the good keywords cannot rank. Formerly known as 5K Checker, Index checker allows you to figure out which of your backend and frontend search terms are being indexed by Amazon and which are not. When you review this manually can take up to hours and even days if you have more products, but with this Helium 10 tool, it will be just a matter of time.
How to use Index Checker:
You just need to add the ASIN, Seller ID and keywords (up to 5000 characters) and let Index Checker with its detailed Amazon selling database, handle the rest. You can add your brand name too. You can also enter your competitors ASIN and see what keywords they are ranked for.
For example, Our product is the oatmeal shampoo for dogs and we have added a keyword “dog moisturizing shampoo.” With this tool, you can check whether your product is ranking for the keyword “dog moisturizing shampoo” or not.
4. Trendster – Determine the Seasonality of a Product:
This cool product research tool allows you to conveniently analyze the overall trend of sales over a period of a year. You will be able to decide in just a few seconds whether the product you are considering to source has steady sales year-round or there are any demand fluctuations that could result in blockage of cash in slow moving inventory. You can also craft strategies for inventory planning of your existing products with the help of this data.
How to use Trendster:
- Populate the fields by adding ASIN (up to 4), seed keyword describing the ASIN and date range (1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months and 1 year)
- Select the Amazon marketplace and start the search
- You will see the trends in Amazon FBA and Google
5. Misspellinator – For Keyword Misspellings:
Most of the times Amazon corrects the misspelled search terms but not always. And if you are missing those misspellings, then you are missing some huge sales and ranking opportunities. This tool shows you the most misspelled words, for exaplmle do you type “Helium 10” or “Helium10” when searching for this brand, use this to your Companies advantage and capitalize on them. It is recommended to add those misspellings in your search terms and subject matter fields.Fr
How to use Misspellinator:
- Enter your keywords. Add all of your major keywords
- Just as you start the process, this tool will find all the juicy misspellings shoppers are using. It will show the popularity of the misspelled keyword and whether or not Amazon will automatically correct the keyword. Select all the keyword which Amazon does not correct and have popularity above 10%.
6. Scribbles – Listing Optimizer:
Using optimum keywords will boost the organic ranking and attract more traffic on your product listings. This tool helps you to optimize your listing with the most profitable and relevant frontend and backend keywords. By using Helium 10’s Scribbles, you can be confident that no valuable keywords are missing. After you have extracted the list of profitable keywords from Frankenstein, you can try to get all of them in your listing title, bullet points, and description. You can also use the learn button for a step by step tutorial Training video of the Scribbles tool. M
How to use Scribbles:
- Add 4-5 of your main keywords and the unique keywords processed from Frankenstein
- After you start processing, you will see that all the unique keywords and phrases will have a color. Red indicates high searched words and it goes down all the way to black. Click on the colored bar to filter the keyword according to the colors.
- As you add words from the list in your title, bullet points, description, search terms, and subject matter, they will be taken off from the list
- This helps you to effectively track the words you have used and the ones which are left.
7. Alerts – Brand Gating & Hijacker Checker
Listing hijackers are everywhere on Amazon, so it is very important for Amazon FBA sellers (Fulfillment by Amazon) to safeguard their products, buy box status, reputation and brand. Alerts monitor the chosen ASINs to prevent frauds and ensure that no one is altering your listing images, pricing, bullets or selling your products. It delivers alerts whenever it detects any fraud, unauthorized changes.
8. Keyword Tracker – Check Ranks of Keywords:
Amazon basically determines the organic search results based on keywords entered in the listing. So, it is vital for sellers to know which of their keywords are working and which are not. Keyword Tracker allows the seller to monitor the changes in their optimization and marketing efforts so they can know how each change is affecting their product listing rank for the given keywords on Amazon.
How to use Keyword Tracker:
- Enter the ASIN and the most buyer relevant keywords that you think are best to get ranking and sales
- The detailed data will show how many of your tracked keywords are ranking in the top 10 and top 50 keywords for organic and PPC results.
As always with Helium 10, each tool in the suite comes with excellent training videos to not only teach you on the use of the tools but also drops some hidden knowledge bombs and nuggets or information to implement.
9. Black Box – Product Research:
Finding profitable products that actually makes money is something every seller finds difficulty in. This is mostly because it takes hours of thorough research, reviewing the potential product, hard work, and patience. Black Box can save you precious time. This tool allows the seller to get the real picture and find the most profitable niche and product opportunities.
How to use Black Box:
Just enter your criteria and it will fetch a huge amount of results based on the set criteria. The data will include everything from monthly sales, reviews to the number of sellers currently selling that product. Plus, once you find your ideal product, you can visit the complete listing page too. If you would like to repeat the search again without changing the filters, you can save your settings as a project and give it a unique title so you can refer to it later. If you have the Helium 10 Chrome Extension, then you can find the estimates sales, revenue, sales trend, review count and review rating of that product. You read the right, Helium10 has created a free Chrome extension that allows you scrape and download reviews and feedback from competitors listing, to find pain points or potential product improvements. Analyzing customers reviews used to be super time consuming, now you can select for example all one, two and three-star reviews with the new review downloader. As we all know reviews are critical in this business, that’s why it so important to be inspecting customer feedback and reviews from all your competitor listings during the product research stage.
Helium 10 vs Jungle Scout:
To measure the accuracy of both the tools we decided to take a test. We compared the actual sales of a product with Helium 10 and Jungle Scout data. Here’s what we got:
|Actual Sales||Helium 10 Estimate||Jungle Scout Estimate|
Yes, the estimate of Jungle Scout was closer but it will be wise to choose Helium 10 because it is safer to underestimate the sales then to overestimate it.
10. Inventory Protector – Guard against Scammers:
Coupon and discount offers are used by sellers to increase sales and generate traffic on their listing. But there is always a risk of having one person wiping away the entire inventory for less money. It has happened with many sellers discounts, but Inventory Protector can help to prevent such situations. It allows the seller to set limits on how many units can be purchased with each coupon for certain items so you will never have to worry about coupon code abuse ever again.
How to use Inventory Protector:
- Just find the product you want to protect, enter max quantity that can be purchased from your FBA inventory, click protect and your request will be submitted to Amazon for processing.
- You can check the status of successfully protected and pending ASINs by looking at the status column. With this tool in hand, you can run your next promotion without the fear of overselling.
11. Refund Genie – Reimbursement for Lost Or Damaged Goods:
You should not be paying for Amazon’s mistakes. When Amazon breaks or drops your item, they owe you a reimbursement. Amazon support picks up some of the mistakes themselves, but some are slipped through the cracks. You could be owed money and you might know anything about it. Manually tracking and creating FBA reimbursement reports is a tedious task as this process is extremely time-consuming, complicated and confusing. Refund genie allows you to do all this with just a click of a mouse. It will tap into your Amazon selling account via API and compile FBA reimbursement reports so you can submit them to Amazon. It also includes some templates you can copy-paste and send to Amazon to start the process. You will be surprised to know how much money Amazon owes you.
12. Cerebro – Reverse ASIN Lookup:
Want to know what search phrases people shopping on Amazon are using to find a product? Yes, of course, you want to know and Cerebro can help you out with this. Just enter your or your competitor’s ASIN and this keyword research tool will provide hundreds or thousands of Cerebro keyword suggestions.
The keywords derived from the search include the following:
- Sponsored keywords: Total number of keywords for which sponsored ad has shown up
- Organic keyword: Where the product is showing up in the top 306 search results in Amazon
- Amazon recommended: The keywords recommended by Amazon when shoppers type a search query
Along with this data, the search results include lots of columns which are explained below in detail:
- Frequently bought together: The three products which are often purchased together. This data is sourced from the Amazon detail page itself
- Word frequency: Number of times a particular word is repeated in the listing
- Cerebro IQ Score: This is a score based on Helium 10’s algorithm on how good the opportunity is of a particular keyword. The higher the number, the better. It is not exactly revealed as to how the score is calculated, but it seems that the items with high search volume on Amazon and a few competition products score highest.
- Search volume: Number of monthly searches for that keyword (search/month)
- Sponsored ASINs: ASINs that have been advertising via sponsored ads when a customer is searching for this keyword
- Competing products: Number of products that show up when you search for this keyword phrase
- Organic and Sponsored Rank: Approximate position where the product is spotted on the detail page for the given keyword
What is Reverse ASIN?
Who can use Helium 10?
Helium 10 gives you a lot of insight into Amazon’s A9 algorithm as it can identify the ranking for each keyword as well as the search phrases customers use. These can prove to be valuable information for all the sellers who want to grow their business.
However, if you are a newbie or have a few products to sell on Amazon, then Helium 10 might not be worth the investment because you won’t be able to utilize many of the tools. But if you have an already-set-up Amazon business, then you can definitely benefit from Helium 10. Yes, it does not have a magic formula that doubles your sales overnight, but it will surely make your work more efficient, productive and quicker. You can find niche product category and sales trend for the year, find the profitable and long tail keywords, optimize your listing, discover the unprofitable keywords and keyword ranking, protect your listing from hijackers as well as keep track of FBA reimbursements.
All of these tasks usually take so much of seller’s time and effort, but with Helium 10 all of these can be done just with a few clicks. Of course, you will have to learn all the tools properly to make the most from each of them.
Bottom line: Great for established sellers but newbies can find much cheaper options.
Helium 10 Pricing
|Platinum Plan||Diamond Plan|
|Index Checker||150 uses/mo||300 uses /mo|
|Keyword Tracker||Up to 2,500 Keyword||Up to 5,000 keywords|
|Alerts||Up to 300 ASINS||Up to 600 ASINS|
|Follow Up||5,000 email /mo||15,000 emails /mo|
|Multi-user login||Up to 3 users|
Helium 10 offers a free version, you can try all the features and if you are satisfied, you can upgrade to platinum for $97 per month. Platinum plan is the ideal package for the everyday Amazon FBA seller. If you think all the features will not be used for your business, then you can always choose selected tools from ala a carte. To make the deal sweeter feel free to use our Helium 10 discount coupon code PROJECTFBA50 and PROJECTFBA10. Let them know Project FBA sent you and you will be well taken care of.
The Helium 10 All in one suite of tools has a free plan ideal for beginners to see how useful each tool can be, a Platinum plan at $97 per month, Diamond Plan $197/month and Elite Plan for $397/month.
Features include Black box, Trendster, Magnet 2, Cerebro, Frankenstein, Scribbles, Index Checker, Keyword Tracker, Alerts, Inventory Protector Xray, Profits and the new Follow up email automation tool.
The tools in Helium 10 are very efficient, accurate, extremely user-friendly and most suitable to be used by Amazon FBA sellers, so the only way to gauge its value for your business is by identifying the dividends you will get by investing your dollars in buying it. For that just ask yourself two question
– Will you be able to get enough extra sales to justify the investment of $97 per month for the perfect entry level plan?
– Will you be able to utilize all the tools efficiently?
If the answer is positive, then go ahead and buy the monthly plan which is suitable for your business.
To make your decision more simple and easy, we have listed out the pros and cons of this tool:
+ Wide variety of tools. Over a dozen tools which will help Amazon sellers with different aspects in their Amazon store
+ Accurate and reliable data
Training: You get excellent training with step by step procedures of how to use the Helium10 tool.
+ You get access to some of Amazon’s inside data that can help you to get a competitive edge over the others
+ Easy to use. The training videos make it even easier to learn everything about the tools
+ Super-fast results. You won’t need to wait for hours to get the results
+ You can save your results and searches and use it afterward
– Price is a bit high. You can get similar tools at a cheaper rate (Sellics, BQool, AMZ Tracker)
– Not all tools will prove to be useful for all sellers
Use Discount Code PROJECTFBA50 for 50% OFF your First Month
Use Discount Code PROJECTFBA10 for 10% OFF All Plans.
This discount code works for Platinum, Diamond and Elite Helium 10 Plan.
Helium 10 Coupon Code
50% off the first month of Helium 10
10% off ALL plans of Helium 10
Helium 10 Review
Is Helium 10 worth the money? Does it give Amazon FBA sellers an unfair advantage over the competition? Helium 10 review and discount coupon code.